I withdrew funds from my IRA before I reached age 59½. How will this be reported?

IRS Form 1099-R will indicate that there was an early withdrawal from your IRA. You will need this information to prepare your tax return.

You should consult with a tax professional regarding your personal circumstances, including whether a distribution is subject to a 10% penalty.