The Form 1099-R includes codes indicating the type of distribution received, including an early distribution (under age 59 1/2). For more information about the codes, please refer to the Form 1099-R instructions for Box 7. Note that certain distributions may be subject to a 10% penalty in addition to income taxes. You should consult with a tax professional regarding your personal circumstances, including whether a distribution is subject to a 10% penalty.
Articles in this section
- Can I make contributions to my Honest Dollar SEP IRA for the 2016 tax year?
- What is Form 5498?
- Money was withheld at the time I received my distribution. Will this be reflected on the Form 1099-R?
- How can I see if taxes were withheld when I received my distribution?
- How much will I need to pay in taxes/penalties for my withdrawal?
- I took a distribution from my IRA before I reached age 59 ½. Will this be reflected on the Form 1099-R?
- What do all the fields on the Form 1099-R mean and where can I find more background information on the Form 1099-R?
- Who will send me my 1099-R?
- Will I receive a 1099-R if I didn’t take any distributions?
- What is the Form 1099-R?