Yes, 2016 contributions to your SEP IRA may be made up until the due date of your tax return. To make a 2016 contribution, log in to your Honest Dollar account and go to the ‘Weekly Contribution’ tab. In the ‘Make a One-Time Contribution’ box, select or enter the amount of your contribution. Note there is no option to select a tax year as contributions will be shown as received in the current calendar year on IRS Form 5498. While filing your taxes, please work with your tax advisor to ensure your SEP IRA contributions are allocated to the proper tax year.
Articles in this section
- Can I make contributions to my Honest Dollar SEP IRA for the 2016 tax year?
- What is Form 5498?
- Money was withheld at the time I received my distribution. Will this be reflected on the Form 1099-R?
- How can I see if taxes were withheld when I received my distribution?
- How much will I need to pay in taxes/penalties for my withdrawal?
- I took a distribution from my IRA before I reached age 59 ½. Will this be reflected on the Form 1099-R?
- What do all the fields on the Form 1099-R mean and where can I find more background information on the Form 1099-R?
- Who will send me my 1099-R?
- Will I receive a 1099-R if I didn’t take any distributions?
- What is the Form 1099-R?